Your homeowners association has a lot going on, and that includes a range of upcoming social events as well several important ongoing projects.
The HOA board may also find that the website needs updating, there’s always room for another article in the Association newsletter, and several committees—budget, landscaping, road maintenance and election oversight—are looking for volunteers…the list goes on and on!
Homeowners can be instrumental in jumping in to lend a hand with all these pending activities and projects. Examples could be:
- Helping to plan the community-wide spring barbeque or holiday party
- Volunteering to help renovate the community center
- Offering your time to redesign the common area landscaping
- Reviewing and updating the Association’s architectural guidelines
- Providing input to help create the Association’s 5-year plan
- And many other important endeavors that are on the plate for your Association.
Homeowner participation in the community is a priceless contribution to both the Association as a whole and to the HOA board of directors as well. All it takes is a few hours of time each month and the important commitment to neighbors throughout the community.
There’s a lot to be gained from volunteering time within your Association: new friends, new skills, recognition by your neighbors and—perhaps best of all—an improved community.
Contact the homeowners association property manager or a member of the HOA board today. Welcome to the party!