Are you an HOA board member? Do you have questions about legal requirements or making sure you have enough reserves for your homeowners association? This free seminar is designed for you!
Join us on Thursday November 2, 2017 at Canyon Oaks Country Club, 999 Yosemite Drive in Chico, California. There will be a Reception from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m.
What to Expect
At The Hignell Companies we work with multiple homeowner association boards, with communities ranging from very large to quite small. We see two key areas where board members regularly have questions and concerns about how their HOA is doing:
- Keeping up with the ever changing HOA laws in California. There are changes made to Davis-Stirling every year. It can be a lot to keep up with, let alone interpret, in order to stay in compliance – but failure to do so could put your HOA at risk.
- Having an adequate reserve fund set up for major projects within the HOA common areas. Failing to plan is planning to fail. The clubhouse roof will need replacing someday, you didn’t expect the pipes to freeze this winter, and roads need periodic repaving. Anything to avoid a special assessment.
Sound familiar? You’re not alone!
This free seminar is designed to do three things:
- Give you some answers to your legal questions.
- Give you a framework for understanding reserves and reserve studies.
- Give you a chance to network with other HOA board members who are walking the same journey as you.
We are excited to bring two incredible speakers to the Chico area:
John Hansen is actively involved in the community association industry, including authoring several articles published in industry periodicals and law journals. Mr. Hansen regularly speaks at seminars throughout California regarding various legal topics concerning community associations. He is admitted to the California State Bar, as well as the Eastern, Central and Northern District Courts and was formerly a Deputy District Attorney for the County of Sacramento.
Robert Browning of Browning Reserve Group has been providing reserve studies and association consulting services since 1988, with offices in California, Nevada and Ohio. He has spoken at numerous seminars dealing with association operations and reserve study requirements. For more about Mr. Browning, see
We hope you and your fellow HOA board members take advantage of this free opportunity to network, hear from experts, get your questions answered, and learn how an HOA manager may be just what you need to take your homeowners association from good to great. Register Now!